Hamill Manufacturing Company has a Building Tradesman, Electrical Maintenance employment opportunity now available for this summer.
We are an established company that provides machined products to the U.S. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program as well as commercial customers.
Hamill is a veteran-owned, employee-owned and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Hamill is an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Analyzes and corrects machine and electrical problems. Installs, maintains, and repairs machines, electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs & sets up new machines tools, electrical equipment, and apparatus for electrical lighting systems, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining machine accuracy.
- Inspects and repairs machine tool, electrical lighting systems, power circuits and control panels.
- Performs preventative maintenance on electrical and machine tools.
- Responsible for repair and calibration on welding equipment.
- Operates hand tools and performs minor machining using lathes, milling machines and drill presses.
- Installs wiring and conduit for machine tools and all plant equipment.
- Installs and maintains wiring and connections for computer & phone systems.
- Install electrical components for Model Shop projects.
- Identifies materials required for installations and repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining building equipment such as garage doors, exhaust fans, outdoor lighting, overhead crane, and hoists.
- Performs monthly checks and inspections of lighting levels, air/water/gas filters, monthly and annual crane inspections and load testing on load carrying equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to internal and external customer needs; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
- Quality Management – Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Diversity – Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a harassment-free environment.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity, and upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the organization’s goals and values; benefits the organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in the decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence; takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; uses equipment and materials properly. High degree of attention and care required to prevent injury to others when responsible for flow of electrical power and machine movement.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education/Experience: High school or technical school education, or equivalent. Technical training in machine repair, electrical, hydraulics, pneumatics, or mechanics with at least two years of experience.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical drawings, schematic diagrams, and procedures
Math Ability: - Ability to calculate figures.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Computer Skills: - To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of AppleWorks and Microsoft Word Processing software; AppleWorks and Excel spreadsheet software; Internet software; Panorama; Epicor ERP software, and Outlook Express contact management systems.
- Certificates and Licenses: Forklift Safety Training Certificate; Aerial Lift Safety Training Certificate; Crane Safety Training Certificate; and Arc Flash Training.
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Environment: The noise level in the work environment is sometimes loud. Exposure to high voltage electricity, solvents, and degreasing agents.
- Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. Dexterity and preciseness required; must be capable of climbing in overhead structures, working beneath machines and in close quarters performing analysis and repair work. Vision acuity is essential.
- The employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Requires the use of personal protective equipment based on type of work being performed.
Unusual hours and considerable overtime is required during peak periods.